Navigating this Blog

There are countless ways to style legal writing. In this blog, you will find various approaches to legal writing that I have found to be effective. Take it all with a grain of salt.

I hope some of this helps. Good luck!

Commas, semicolons, and whatnot

There is far too much to try to say about comma usage and other common grammar pitfalls here.  I am not a grammarian, so I regularly seek out resources to clean up the many grammatical errors that manage to find their way into my legal writing.  Assuming that you are not a grammarian either, you should also seek out such resources.

The Purdue Online Writing Lab has an excellent resource for basic comma usage.  I strongly suggest that you use it as a resource.  While you are at it, be sure to tackle the semicolon and colon as well.

If you are so inclined, you should explore some of the countless other online writing resources that may aid you in your writing.